Athenaeum Hotel London W1J
We are looking to recruit a Demi Chef to join our kitchen Team. We are looking for a Demi Chef who is committed to delivering exceptional cooking standards, has a can do attitude & enjoys working within a team. The successful Demi Chef will be responsible for preparing dishes from our English inspired menu and to be involved in the day to day operation of the kitchen.
In return as a Demi Chef you will receive an opportunity to develop your skills and receive training and support.
The ideal candidate for the Demi Chef role will have experience working in a 4/5 star hotel or fine dining restaurant.
• Free meals whilst on duty
• Free uniform and uniform dry cleaning
• Taxi service for out of hours duty **
• Season Ticket Loans*
• Loyalty awards from year one
• Loyalty related paid holiday up to 38 days*
• Food discounts within all outlets
• National retail and travel discounts
• Accommodation at a discount for friends and family*
• External study programme sponsorship*
• Award winning training, coaching and development
• NHS Dental treatment insurance*
• Life assurance cover*
• Private health care *
• Company sick pay*-
• Company pension scheme*
• Recruit a Friend bonus of up to £250
• Christmas Gifts and Staff Celebrations
• Sabbatical and Career Breaks*
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
Front of House
Athenaeum Hotel London W1J
We are currently looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our Front Office team at the Athenaeum Hotel.
You will be responsible for checking in and out the hotel guest, being a point of contact for guest request, allocating the correct accommodation and providing customer service assistance to all guest. The Receptionist will also be on hand to promote the hotel facilities and provide a friendly and five star guest experience.
As a Receptionist, you will have fantastic communication skills and ability to deliver excellent customer service face to face. You must be able to encompass our five star and friendly values at all times. A working knowledge of standard IT packages, attention to detail and organisational skills are essential. Experience working with a property management system such as protel or opera would be an advantage.
Administrational duties will be required including filing and reports. Money handling skills are also required.
Clear conversational English Language
A flexible attitude
Ability to follow specific instructions
Previous experience of reception duties
Previous hotel experience at four and five star level
The knowledge of additional foreign languages
The athenaeum hotel and apartments in the centre of London is the only five red star privately owned hotel in Mayfair. We are currently seeking a career minded Groups and Events Co-ordinator to join our team.
You will be responsible for maximising the yield of The Athenaeum conference space. To ensure the facilities of The Athenaeum are sold in a professional manner. To maximise the ability of the Meeting & Events Sales Team. To ensure the accurate co-ordination of customer events and ensure continuity of contact between clients and the hotel from enquiry stage to the event itself. To ensure Groups enquires are interrogated and responded to within 1 hour of enquire.
1. To ensure correct and effective selling of Meetings & Events space and groups by setting out and enforcing a sales strategy. To maximise yield and effective diary management.
2. To build relationships with key buyers to encourage their loyalty to The Athenaeum ie Conference Agents / Direct Bookers, groups greaps
3. To co-ordinate and ensure the distribution of the weekly function sheet, ensuring that all function details are circulated to all Heads of Departments correctly and clearly with regard to client requirements.
4. To provide a major administrative role within the Sales team with particular emphasis on the typing of function sheets from notes by sales personnel and to adhere to all administrative procedures within the office incorporation refusals, cancellations and accounting details.
5. To ensure, with the team, the efficient co-ordination of customer events through excellent administration skills and continuity of contact between clients and the hotel team.
6. To ensure teams provide exceptional service for all meetings organisers/delegates providing assistance throughout their event, through appropriate liaison with other departments. Action GSS feedback and test calls.
7. To ensure that the team prepare and distribute accurate and timely information to all Heads of Department with regard to client requirements.
8. Recruit new magna members where appropriate
9. To ensure key reports are produced and that all accounts are in order.
10. To carry out pro-active sales call activity and ensure the quality and quantity of all activity from the team is maintained, in line with sales plan.
11. To represent The Athenaeum on Fam Trips, sales appointments and appropriate industry related functions where deemed appropriate
12. To be pro-active in customer needs e.g. carrying out show-rounds, discuss requirements where applicable.
13. To review competitors and the market-place to constantly update the product offering to guests as well as advise the M&E Sales Manager and Director of Sales of any changes.
14. To deal with and resolve all complaints in accordance with the hotel policy.
15. To manage / work on special projects as required, ie mailshots, Christmas bookings etc.
16. As part of the team assist in the inputting of restaurant reservations and ensure accurate data is being collated
17. To know and understand the budget categories and figures set for the year and to be familiar with all competitor rates, facilities and pricing structures and to be able to report on all of the above.
18. To host the weekly BEO pack meeting / Sales Meetings
19. To provide monthly feedback on all bookings at The Athenaeum and distribute to key stakeholders.
20. To adhere to company policy and procedures at all times. To abide by confidentiality of all information within the hotel.
21. To build and maintain good operational links with all key stakeholders.
22. To be an ambassador of the organisation at all times and uphold the company core values.
23. To be an active participant of the management team and provide honest and constructive feedback and attend all relevant meetings.
24. To operate with in the framework of the data protection act and operate in accordance with the group communication policy
Confident and self motivated
Smart personal presentation
Excellent presentation skills
Excellent negotiating skills
Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Previous experience of managing people
Ability to cope with internal / external customers
Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar M&E environment
Knowledge of Delphi Diary Management
Knowledge of Aremisoft / Portfolio
Experience of yield management
Meetings & Events management experience
Bedroom Reservations experience
Previous experience in hotel sales
Front of House
The 5 red star athenaeum hotel and apartments in the centre of London is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Sales team.
As a business development manager you will be responsible for:
- Developing business as defined in the budget and pre-agreed sales plans.
- Maximising the yield of conference space.
- Ensuring the facilities of the athenaeum hotel and apartment are sold in a professional manner.
- Increasing sales through appointments, proactive selling and reactive sales initiatives within the Meetings & Events Sales Office and attending familiarisation trips and client evenings. Appointments should include potential leads for sister properties. Clients should include: new, past users and existing.
1. To work with the M & E Sales Manager in a commercial manner to ‘drive’ business into the Meetings & Events diary; to maximise revenue opportunities; meet budgetary targets; optimise the meeting space.
2. To be responsible on a daily basis for reviewing the Daily Transaction Reports and for managing any potential re-offers on a pro-active basis with a 24 hour turnaround.
3. To ‘reactively’ manage incoming enquiries either on the telephone or through the Sales Inbox on behalf of the Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments.
4. To be the main in-house contact for the Director of Sales of each property for any showrounds / enquiries. To provide back up support to the Director of Sales based at the Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments.
5. To manage Director of Sales enquiries / in box in their absence.
6. To carry out pro-active sales activity within the Meetings & Events Sales Office including follow-up calls for brochure enquiries, telephone research and customer feedback, refusals/re-offers.
7. To maintain and manage key agency accounts as specified by the Director of Sales and maximise business revenue opportunities.
8. To know and understand the budget categories and figures set for the year and to be familiar with all competitor rates, facilities and pricing structures. to analyse the statistics to recognise and act upon market trends.
9. To organise and attend all relevant fam trips (first port of call after Director of Sales).
10. To be responsible for walk-ins from the business not social sector.
11. To research client companies and build up profiles. Recording, monitoring, discussing and communicating this on a regular basis in order to measure success of business development.
12. To be pro-active in meeting customer needs.
13. To be an active participant of the Meetings & Events Sales team and management team and to be honest and constructive in meetings / fam trips / client visits and exhibitions. To attend all relevant meetings as required eg forecast / BEO / 9.30.
14. To adhere to company policy and procedures at all times. To abide by confidentiality of all information regarding existing and new customers within the Meetings & Events Sales office/hotel.
15. To be an ambassador of the organisation at all times and uphold the company core values.
16. To provide duty management cover as and when required and undertake any reasonable duties requested by the senior management team.
To be personable and exhibit good customer relations
Assertiveness and negotiation skills
Presentation skills as well as verbal/communication skills
Good organisation and administration skills
Good PC skills including Microsoft applications
Ability to cope under pressure from internal/external customers
Confident and self-motivated.
Previous hotel sales experience
Knowledge of Delphi
The athenaeum hotel and apartments in the centre of London is the only five red star privately owned hotel in Mayfair. We are currently seeking a career minded Reception Manager to join our team.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Front of House Department and to assume responsibility of the department in the absence of the Front of House Manager. You will also be responsible for the recruitment and training of Front of House staff.
Having the confidence to deal with guest queries or complaints will be essential. Being personable and recognising guest is a key element to this role.
1. Ensuring all maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up in a timely manner to maintain the physical product
2. Responsible for the monitoring of all costs within the department including staff costs, and to increase revenue in line with budget, whilst handling all monies in line with company procedures
3. To recruit, train, monitor, discipline and carry out timely EARs for allocated staff to maintain standards and consistency of delivery as directed within the law and engage staff in the departmental objective process ensuring guest satisfaction
4. Using information available, plan and control both the preparation of future shifts and effective communication to the team, and other relevant departments, to ensure standards are met
5.To take appropriate action and co-operate with your team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department
6. To ensure any Guest requests and complaints are handled effectively and any outside your area of expertise are raised immediately to the appropriate level
7. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
A flexible attitude
Previous management experience in a similar operation
Demonstrable leadership & organisational skills
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office
Train the Trainer Certificate
Previous experience of working with budgets and forecasting
We are looking to recruit a Commis Chef to join our kitchen Team. We have 2 rosettes and have been awarded the Tea Guild Awards Of Excellence 2013 for recognition of our outstanding quality and consistently high standards in tea service.
We are looking for a Commis Chef To assist the Chef de Partie in the timely production and presentation of food on the appropriate section.
In return as a Commis Chef you will receive an opportunity to develop your skills and receive training and support.
1. To understand the rota system and time schedules in your respective section.
2. To be keen and enthusiastic, with a want to learn attitude. Maintaining standards and consistency in food preparation and delivery as directed.
3. To maintain the Physical Product and to advise of any faults.
4. To be aware of items and ingredients on the section and have an understanding of where each item is stored
5. To adhere to health, safety and food standards and report any issues as they occur
6. To attend trainings set by the company and or their seniors
7. To maintain standards and consistency in food preparation and delivery as directed
8. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Hygiene Regulations and Weights and Measures legislation
Good grasp of the English language
A flexible attitude
Enthusiastic about Food and the Industry
Good communication skills
Good Team Player