The new Marketing Assistant will be joining The Athenaeum Hotel at an exciting time, as we prepare for an art deco relaunch of the ground and first floor, including the launch of a new restaurant and private dining in partnership with iconic Michelin-star British chefs. You will work closely with the Marketing Manager to support all activities in preparing for the brand relaunch, and act as one of the brand guardians following the launch.
We are looking for a keen creative self-starter, full of ideas, enthusiasm and energy. You will manage your time as you support on varied ongoing projects and build an understanding of all marketing activities. There will be excellent mentoring and support from the Marketing Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for learning and developing yourself, and being part of a brand renaissance. The role includes involvement in marketing campaigns, database development, events, PR, copy and design, building links and sharing information with support agencies and local businesses, gathering information for KPIs and research.
Key work areas:
Reseach & Strategy: You will have and look to develop an understanding of the luxury hotel market and the ambition for placing the Athenaeum amongst London’s best. You will be an avid restaurant diner and cocktail enthusiast, aware of London’s new/exciting and established greats, and where our hotel and restaurant have the opportunity to excel and make a lasting impression.
Guest experience: You will be passionate about travel and tuned in to the details that make guest experiences memorable and delightful. You will be a natural communicator, able to express yourself with words and images, full of ideas for reaching out to potential and existing guests through all existing channels.
Copy & design: You will become familiar with the brand voice, look and help maintain standards and consistency across the hotel’s public spaces, digital, social and print collateral. If you are keen to learn or build your design skills – there will be an opportunity.
Content: You will assist in coming up with on-brand ideas for promotions, social media content, events and press outreach in partnership with the Marketing Manager and contracted agencies. An understanding and appreciation for the power of imagery to drive brand interest and sales is important. The MA will help to obtain and select images of suitable quality and relevant content social media.
Location: As one of our USP’s is our location on Hyde Park, the candidate will be keen to learn about the area attractions, particularly independent and family-run and/or uniquely London attractions, and work to build relationships with these businesses.
If you feel you have the quality’s we require apply below with your CV and covering letter. As we anticipate the interest in this position to be high, if you have not heard from us within 10 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The 5 star Athenaeum Hotel in Mayfair, London, is seeking a new marketing manager to create, develop, plan and implement all marketing activities in accordance with the agreed sales and marketing plan.
This family owned property offers the successful candidate a high-end product and distinctive brand to work with. Responsibilities include the marketing of luxury accommodation, award winning restaurant and afternoon tea, meeting and events and a luxury spa.
The role is creative, varied and ever changing, however we are primarily looking for a strategic thinker who can create, develop and maintain marketing strategies.
Online and digital media plays a major part of the hotel’s marketing mix and the candidate must demonstrate strong experience and a genuine interest in this area.
The role will involve working with hotel management, staff, partners, and our sister properties The Grove, Runnymede-on-Thames and 23 Greengarden House
• Previous marketing experience.
• Development of strategy and planning at a property and function level within marketing areas. Ability to think and plan ahead
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and able to think and act under own initiative
• Comfortable with multi-tasking; able to deliver under pressure and to achieve successive deadlines.
• Written communication, including proven ability to develop clear, succinct and persuasive written marketing communications.
• Campaign management; able to develop and manage marketing campaigns to drive profitable revenue.
• Value proposition development; able to develop new value propositions (eg new products) with clear customer benefit and market potential.
• Creativity, including the ability to originate creative marketing campaigns or propositions.
• Capable of selling ideas and concepts to others.
• Budget management, able to manage an annual budget and deliver value for money.
• Data analysis, able to identify meaningful trends and insights into complex data
• Extensive PC skills, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Photoshop and Project (or equivalent); able to make the most of availability PC technology to develop customer and market insight
• Interpersonal skills, including influence, relationships and leadership. Ability to work across departmental boundaries and contribute to team initiatives.
Able to embrace, promote and drive change, to keep pace with rapidly changing markets.
• Structured, reasoned thinking
• Ability to think holistically and anticipate customer requirements from all angles
• Marketing experience, covering brand management, product development, communications management, pricing management and distribution / channel management.
• Broad general and market knowledge, including knowledge of the fundamentals of politics, geography, technology and economics
If you feel you have the quality’s we require along with past experience and can meet the high level of guest service we pride ourselves on apply below with your CV and covering letter. As we anticipate the interest in this position to be high, if you have not heard from us within 10 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.
At the Athenaeum, the celebrated ‘friendly five star’ hotel in the heart of Mayfair, our fantastic staff receive as much respect and support as our discerning guests.
From the rooftop suite - a favourite with the biggest stars - to our luxurious apartments, our accommodation is in a class of its own. Join our hardworking team as a Room Attendant and you could soon progress to Key Maid, Supervisor and, as we help you develop your potential, Executive Housekeeper.
As a room attendant you will be working within the housekeeping team who are responsible for delivering great service to our guests by cleaning guest bedrooms to the required standard within a timely manner.
What we’re looking for is previous hotel experience, with high standards of service and teamwork, a flexible attitude and the ability to follow instructions, precisely. You must be able to hold a conversation in English - and if you can write clearly in English, that would also help.
The Athenaeum has always felt like a ‘home from home’. If you’re ready to make the extra effort to look after our guests and your colleagues, we’re ready to look after you.
We are currently looking for a Linen Porter to join our Housekeeping team at the Athenaeum Hotel.
As a Linen Porter you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient functioning of the Linen Room and the highest standards of service to ensure all staff have necessary equipment and items required to do the job as requested by the guests, Supervisors and Room Attendants.
Clear conversational English Language
A flexible attitude
Ability to follow specific instructions
Understandable written English