We are currently looking for a Linen Porter to join our Housekeeping team at the Athenaeum Hotel.
As a Linen Porter you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient functioning of the Linen Room and the highest standards of service to ensure all staff have necessary equipment and items required to do the job as requested by the guests, Supervisors and Room Attendants.
No special qualification required
Willing to carry out physical work
English language understanding
Willing to work flexible hours
Front of House
Athenaeum Hotel London W1J
We are currently looking for a Switchboard Operator to join our Front Office team at the Athenaeum Hotel.
You will be responsible for receiving all the incoming external and internal hotel calls, be the first point of contact for anyone calling the hotel and provide customer service assistance to all guest. The Switchboard Operator will also be on hand to deal with guest mail and packages, messages and assist with hotel evacuation procedures.
As a Switchboard Operator, you will have a fantastic telephone manner and ability to deliver excellent customer service over the phone. You must be able to encompass our five star and friendly values at all times. A working knowledge of standard IT packages, attention to detail and organisational skills are essential. Previous telephone or front of house experience is essential. Experience working with a property management system such as protel or opera would be an advantage.
We are looking for a Group Refrigeration Engineer who will undertake planned preventative, reactive repairs and general maintenance duties on refrigeration units, split units and other items as necessary around the RTL portfolio.
The role will split between the Grove, The Athenaeum and the runnymede~on~thames with occasional visits to Greengarden House. The split will be typically 3 days a week at the Grove, 1 day each at Runnymede / athenaeum.
1. To undertake planned preventative maintenance on all refrigeration units in line with the RTL PPM schedule and scope of works and to make recommendations to change schedule where appropriate
2. To complete the necessary records and reports on the work undertaken to enable the PPM schedule to be accountable and so that an asset history can be maintained
3. To react to all refrigeration equipment faults reported via the maintenance dockets process or discovered whilst undertaking PPM and ensure that faults are followed up to maintain the physical product
4. To liaise with all relevant contacts both internal and external and using information available to ensure the task is completed to the required standard
5. To generate purchase orders for parts as required and to circulate for approval in line with the RTL purchasing procedures
6. To provide feedback to the Maintenance Managers and Executive Chefs on progress being made, recurring issues and actions required in order to enable the appliances to operate more effectively and more efficiently
7. To ensure all tools, maintenance equipment, hardware and chemicals are used and stored in compliance with Company procedures and in line with H&SAW and COSHH legislation
8. To take appropriate action and co-operate with your team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to and aware of business / staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working relationship around the business
9. To ensure any request outside of your area of expertise is raised immediately to the appropriate person (Maintenance Manager, Executive Chef, Group Facilities Director)
10. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act and the COSHH
11. To undertake any other maintenance tasks or other reasonable requests as required by the Group Facilities Director in line with your capabilities, qualifications and level of expertise
12. To ensure as a company and individually we comply with current legislation in your area of responsibility
13. To act as an ambassador of RTL both on and off property
Recognised refrigeration engineer trade qualifications (City & Guilds)
F Gas registration
Extensive catering refrigeration and air conditioning experience
Demonstrable leadership & organisational skills
Current valid UK driver’s license
Appropriate tools to undertake the task
Fluent conversational, reading and basic written English Language
A flexible attitude
Train the Trainer Certificate
Other maintenance related qualifications and experience
If you feel you have the quality's we require and can meet the high level of guest service we pride ourselves on apply below with your CV and covering letter. As we anticipate the interest in this position to be high, if you have not heard from us within 10 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application
Food and Beverage
We are currently looking for an experienced Bar Person to join our team in the Food and Beverage department at the Athenaeum Hotel.
You will be responsible for taking guest food and drink orders, preparing a variety of beverages including cocktails and assisting with creation of beverages for our changing drinks menu.
As a Bar person, you will have excellent customer service skills, previous bar experience, be flexible and a team player. We have a large whisky collection so previous experience and knowledge would be an advantage.
You must be able to encompass our five star and friendly values at all times whilst dealing with guest.
FAMILY-RUN AND FIVE STAR. Part of the largest private, family run hotel group in the UK. The Athenaeum has Five AA Red Stars. We have 164 rooms, suites and apartments; world-class dining at The Restaurant, Award winning Afternoon Tea and luxurious spa.
Staff benefits include:
• Free meals whilst on duty
• Free uniform and uniform dry cleaning
• Taxi service for out of hours duty **
• Season Ticket Loans*
• Loyalty awards from year one
• Loyalty related paid holiday up to 38 days*
• Food discounts within all outlets
• National retail and travel discounts
• Accommodation at a discount for friends and family*
• External study programme sponsorship*
• Award winning training, coaching and development
• NHS Dental treatment insurance*
• Life assurance cover*
• Private health care *
• Company sick pay*
• Company pension scheme*
• Recruit a Friend bonus of up to £250
• Christmas Gifts and Staff Celebrations
• Sabbatical and Career Breaks*
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
Please note: We endeavour to respond to the majority of applications, however, if you do not receive a response within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The 5 star deluxe Athenaeum Hotel & apartments is looking for a Weekend Breakfast Chef to join our team on a part time basis (12 hours per week)
As a Weekend Breakfast Chef you will be working within the Kitchen team, taking responsibility for the preparation, cooking and display of breakfast buffets and hot food orders for all outlets to the required standards as agreed with the executive head chef.
1. To, minimising waste and offering the guests a high standard of quality and presentation.
2. To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCPS procedures
3. Using information available, plan the preparation, production and cooking of all food to the required standard, ensuring satisfaction
4. To order foodstuffs as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food safety and quality is maintained.
5. To bring to the attention of the Sous Chef / Head Chef Maintenance issues so that Maintenance Dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
6. To liase with other sections as appropriate to ensure the smooth service of food from the kitchen to all outlets.
C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
Cooking and presentation skills
Basic Food Hygiene Cert.
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedure
Customer service appreciation and awareness
Planning and Time Management awareness
Decision making skills
The 5 star Athenaeum Hotel is looking for an experienced Room Attendant to join our team.
As a room attendant you will be working within the housekeeping team who are responsible for delivering great service to our guests by cleaning guest bedrooms to the required standard within a timely manner.
You must have a flexible attitude, good communication skills and a passion for excellent customer service within the hospitality industry.
3 – 4* experience as Room Attendant
Good organizational skills
English Language, verbal and written