The 5 red star athenaeum hotel and apartments in the centre of London is looking for a Director of Operations to join our team.
As a Director of Operations you will be responsible for a variety of departments within the hotel including Spa, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Kitchen. This will be done through high leadership presence, ensuring a seamless 5* guest experience on the ground floor, resulting in improved guest satisfaction and achieving all budgeted revenue targets whilst optimising the business mix to maximise profitability.
1. To recruit, train, monitor, discipline and carry out timely EARs for allocated staff to maintain standards and consistency of delivery as directed within the law and engage staff in the departmental objective process ensuring guest satisfaction
2. Take appropriate action, communicate and liaise with front of house team colleagues, kitchens and back of house to maintain a seamless communication system and secure working environment throughout the ground floor, whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
3. To protect the integrity of departmental design, operational concept, brand positioning, the value proposition and value for money.
4. By using personal impact, operational awareness and relationship building, ensure we offer a product and service that guarantees returning guest needs are exceeded.
5. To interpret information received by various forms of guest feedback and make changes to improve the guest experience through involvement of departmental teams.
6. To ensure the development of the food and beverage product and its presentation is innovative and the teams are aware of industry trends and competition.
7. To be directly responsible for the delivery of all budgeted revenue, margins and departmental profitability for identified areas.
8. Work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
1. Can demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
2. Can demonstrate leadership and motivational skills
3. Attention to detail
4. Can demonstrate organisational and analytical skills
5. Smart personal presentation
6. Experience of P&L/budgets
7. Basic IT skills – Microsoft Office
8. Excellent world-wide food and beverage knowledge
9. Extensive experience in various 5* food and beverage establishments
10. Multi outlet management experience
Intermediate Microsoft Office
Protel or equivalent
Excellent knowledge of wines and spirits
The athenaeum hotel and apartments in the centre of London is the only five red star privately owned hotel in Mayfair. We are currently seeking a career minded PA to provide full administrative support both the General Manager and the Human Resources Manager.You will be an ambassador of the hotel by providing a professional image and service to our guests and must be able to encompass our five star and friendly values at all times.
Excellent PC skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PMS
Typing speed 70-80 WPM
Smart personal presentation
Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Good organisation and administration skills
Ability to prioritise workload, multitask and manage time efficiently
A confident and lively personality, who can take a challenging and assertive approach when necessary
Previous hotel experience
The 5 red star athenaeum hotel and apartments in the centre of London is looking for a Reservations Agent to join our team.
As a Reservations Agent, you will have a fantastic telephone manner and ability to deliver excellent customer service over the phone. You must be able to encompass our five star and friendly values at all times. A working knowledge of standard IT packages, attention to detail and organisational skills are essential. Previous experience within a 4/5 star Hotel Reservations Office is essential.
1. To support the Revenue Manager in yield management through adherence to selling strategies and yield management techniques as directed.
2. To handle all telephone calls, email, fax and letter enquiries/bookings to the required standard.
3. To assist in developing and maintaining the Hotel’s relationship with its GDS Provider.
4. To be responsible for maintaining and developing knowledge of our competitors to make sure we uphold our competitive edge in the market place.
5. To be aware of the Magna Club, recognise members of the Club and help out if necessary in the administration of the Club.
6. To support the groups and events team as required ensuring a timely service and optimum guest satisfaction.
7. To be responsible for all departmental administrations duties as required.
8. To carry out other Revenue Department tasks and activities as necessary and to positively contribute the overall performance of the Sales Department
Food and Beverage
We are currently looking for a Host/ess to join our Food and Beverage team at the Athenaeum Hotel.
You will be responsible for providing a high level service to all hotel guests, ensuring that their needs are met, and where possible exceeded. To support the departmental supervisors and managers in ensuring that the department is run in an operationally efficient way and that you assist in all tasks asked of you.
As a Host/ess you will have fantastic communication skills and ability to deliver excellent customer service face to face. You must be able to encompass our five star and friendly values at all times.
1. To ensure all Guest Needs are met to the required standard
2. To ensure your allocated daily responsibility is completed to the required standard and co-operation with your team colleagues is evident at all times.
3. To ensure all Guests, Colleagues and physical product are treated with respect at all times
4. To correctly account for all monies taken and goods sold
5. To ensure any Guest request, outside your area of expertise, is raised immediately to the appropriate level
6. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Hygiene Regulations and Weights and Measures legislation.
Clear conversational English Language
A flexible attitude
Ability to follow specific instructions
Clear and precise telephone manner
Previous high pressure F&B environment
Previous experience of working within an F&B Team
We are looking to recruit a Sous Chef to join our kitchen Team. We have 2 rosettes and have been awarded the Tea Guild Awards Of Excellence 2013 for recognition of our outstanding quality and consistently high standards in tea service.
We are looking for a Sous Chef who is committed to delivering exceptional cooking standards, has a can do attitude & enjoys working within a team. The successful Sous Chef will be responsible for preparing dishes from our English inspired menu and to be involved in the day to day operation of the kitchen.
In return as a Sous Chef you will receive an opportunity to develop your skills and receive training and support.
The ideal candidate for the Sous Chef role will have experience working in a 4/5 star hotel or fine dining restaurant.
1. To ensure agreed food standards are maintained at all times
2. To ensure agreed quality of produce is monitored and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and GSS targets are not achieved. To liaise with floor-staff and other departments where necessary.
3. To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
4. Ensure stock levels and ordering of food items is kept under control to minimalise wastage whilst maintaining food GP%
5. To help recruit, monitor and train staff ensuring regular EARs are carried out with achievable objectives.
6. To assist with the manning and overtime and to help achieve the agreed levels and keep within budgeted payroll %
7. To issue and monitor Maintenance Dockets, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, clean and in fully functional condition.
8. By analysing market food trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
9. To liaise with the floor staff and other departments as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction and smooth running of service in the absence of the Head Chef.
10. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Hygiene Regulations and Weights and Measures legislation.
The 5 star Athenaeum Hotel is looking for a Key Maid to join our housekeeping team.
As a room attendant you will be working within the housekeeping team who are responsible for delivering great service to our guests by cleaning guest bedrooms to the required standard within a timely manner.
You must have a flexible attitude, good communication skills and a passion for excellent customer service within the hospitality industry.
- To check all ready rooms as stated on maid’s list and rectify as necessary.
- To clean allocated rooms to standard required by Key Maid checklist.
- To return all check out rooms to reception, as they become ready.
- To report all maintenance as necessary and follow up.
- To ensure a supply of stores are available on allocated floor.
- To ensure cleanliness of corridor and service area to standards laid down.
- To deliver all lost property to Housekeeping office as it is found.
- To ensure safety of allocated keys and guest rooms at all times.
- To hand over any information from allocated areas to Housekeepers.
- To ensure the correct grooming and dress code are reached.
- To ensure all your work practices and work areas meet Health and Safety requirement.
- To carry out any guest requests and communicate these to the Housekeeping office.
- To complete linen stocktaking figures monthly on designated floor.
- To maintain correct use of all cleaning products used.
- To complete spring-cleaning programme on designated floor.
- To complete any requirements regarding mini-bar replenishment
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you.
- To ensure all areas of the hotel and housekeeping department vision statements are carried out at all times in order to maintain guest services and staff well-being.