JOB TITLE: Senior Housekeeper (12/06)
REPORTING TO: Executive Housekeeper, Asst. Exec. Housekeeper
JOB PURPOSE: Ensuring all bedrooms, guest areas, storerooms and Maids services are kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and comfort. The Floor Supervisors, Room Attendants and Porters are trained to keep the rooms, corridors and services to the standards laid down by the department; to adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times and to ensure the efficient functioning of the Housekeeping Department,
1. To be aware of and comply with safe working practises as laid down under the Health and Safety Act as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
2. The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory and ensure the staff are following the grooming procedures at all times.
3. To attend 6 monthly Statutory Fire, Health & Safety training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning Fire, Health & Safety.
4. To ensure the smooth running of the department at all times through effective teamwork.
5. To be fully conversant with the Staff Induction Book.
6. To carry out EAR’s with members of the team where applicable.
7. To liaise with other departments to ensure good communication and offer support.
8. To attend any department training sessions and/ or meetings when required.
9. Maintain effective communication within the department and ensure that the Exec Housekeeper and Head Housekeeper are kept well informed of any problems/queries that have arisen.
10. To assist in the training and development of colleagues as and when required maintaining a training culture throughout the department.
11. To know and actively work towards department yearly objectives.
1. Ensuring the departmental SOP manual is always current and a day to day utilised document.
2. To check departure rooms as soon as they are serviced according to the standards laid down by the department SOP manual. All rooms must be given back to reception in a timely manner.
3. To be aware of all room statuses and follow up all queries.
4. To check let rooms making sure they are left in a clean and orderly fashion as per the SOP manual. All guest belongings are to be hung up, folded or tidied away where reasonable.
5. To be knowledgeable of all the hotel services, to note any Guest requests/requirements and ensure these are actioned and followed up.
6. To ensure spring cleaning in the rooms occurs as per the cleaning schedules.
7. To hand all found property to the Housekeeping department, log it properly on the list provided, label it and store it in the room provided.
8. To ensure that all Guest areas are clean and clear of obstructions at all times.
9. To ensure that the service and standards are maintained to the highest level conducive to hotel policy.
10. To behave towards all guests in a professional and polite manner at all times.
1. To keep an accurate register of maids, house porters, cleaners, and linen room employees, noting absenteeism and lateness.
2. To keep maids services clean, organised and well supplied with items for the rooms.
3. To report any maintenance faults and to ensure that repairs are carried out. Proactively monitoring all off rooms.
4. To assist with stock taking as required.
5. To assist in any way that may be necessary to ensure the efficiency and smooth running of the Housekeeping department.
6. Generally being alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the department i.e. through controlling wastage and being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources.
7. To ensure all Housekeeping and linen stores are maintained.
8. Produce as and when required the duty roster for the departments staff as directed.
9. Ensure the smooth running of the day to day Housekeeping operation in the absence of the Head and Executive Housekeeper
10. Maintain staff welfare at all times.
Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
At least five years previous Housekeeping Experience of which at least two in a five star property.
Previous experience all five star.
Good IT skills.
Execellent Communication Skills
Good c-ordination skills
Craft Trainer Award
Good PC skills including Microsoft.
People – Teamwork 3
Guest – Looking after Guest 3
Business – Delivering Results 3
Food and Beverage
Athenaeum Hotel London W1J
JOB TITLE: Food and Beverage Hostess
REPORTING TO: Food and Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage Outlet Manager
To provide a professional and friendly first impression for all guests booking and utilising the hotels Food and Beverage areas (both by telephone and in situ). To explain and actively sell these areas, whilst managing the effective utilisation of space, bookings and guest preferences.
1. To welcome all guests with courtesy and with minimum delay. Direct, escort and assist all guests on their arrival and departure from the Food and Beverage areas. To oversee the taking and storing of coats; the seating of guests and passing the baton in terms of the guest journey (from arrival to food/drink service, and again upon departure).
2. Follow and adhere to the Food and Beverage Customer Focus Standards at all times. Particular focus should be given to the use of the guest name and in delivering a genuine hospitality in all interactions.
3. To be responsible for taking, processing and upselling all Food and Beverage reservations in accordance with departmental standards and policies. To record and refer special requirements to the Food and Beverage Managers and Guest History.
4. To reconfirm all non-resident reservations on a daily basis and be proactive in allocating tables taking into consideration any relevant guest history/preferences and effective space utilisation.
5. To assist where appropriate in the general flow of service which may include: the preparation of guest bills; order taking; etc
6. Along with all other department staff, to aim to exceed all guest expectations at all times to ensure they feel welcomed and have a desire to return. To take specific responsibility for the extraction of knowledge at the booking stage and ensure its accurate recording onto individual bookings and guest history.
7. To ensure effective organisation and forward planning leads to the highest standards of quality customer service and product knowledge being maintained.
8. To attend all training courses, communication meetings and development opportunities made available to you by the hotel, and where appropriate be willing to offer feedback and constructive evaluation of this training and development.
8. To undertake any reasonable tasks asked of your by management and be able to work with flexibility in specified F&B areas/outlets according to the levels of business.
9. To maintain the physical product throughout the department and take responsibility for completing sufficient maintenance dockets for this to occur.
10. At all times be a worthy ambassador to the hotel.
Good command of both written and spoken English
Excellent communication skills (including telephone manner)
Excellent hospitality and customer service skills
Ability to work under pressure and run his/her own shift
Sound problem solving skills
Previous experience of working in a busy Food & Beverage/Front of House role
Smart, cheerful and patient disposition
Previous experience as a host in a busy hotel or restaurant
Basic Sales Techniques to promote and sell the product
Knowledge of Remanco
Good PC Skills including Microsoft office
The 5 star Athenaeum Hotel in Mayfair, London, is seeking a new marketing manager.
This family owned property offers the successful candidate a high-end product and distinctive brand to work with. Responsibilities include the marketing of luxury accommodation, award winning restaurant and afternoon tea, meeting and events and a luxury spa.
The role is creative, varied and ever changing, however we are primarily looking for a strategic thinker who can create, develop and maintain marketing strategies.
Online and digital media plays a major part of the hotel’s marketing mix and the candidate must demonstrate strong experience and a genuine interest in this area.
The role will involve working with hotel management, staff, partners, and our sister properties The Grove, Runnymede-on-Thames and 23 Greengarden House. As such, strong people skills and the ability to manage projects are essential.
Food and Beverage
We are looking for a Night Waiter to join our team. You will be responsible for answering the phone, taking guest orders, preparing food and beverage request and then delivering items to guest rooms. Preparation of light snacks will be required.
You must have excellent communication and be confident in guest service. The role requires you to work alone so you must have excellent organisational and time management skills.
Please some of the key aspects of the job:
To be able to work unsupervised throughout the night and manage the entire business activities of the food and beverage night shift, based in Room Service.
To be confident with cash handling and close all transactions in the correct manner (ensuring all products are correctly charged to the right guests). Be able to complete your shifts banking in the correct way, adhering to hotel procedures.
To ensure at all times that the relevant mise en place is ready. The working stations must always be tidy and organised.
To be able to prepare simple meals and drinks for all guests from the night menu and aim to meet all guests desires possible outside the menu.
To assist all guests with their needs.
To adhere to procedures relevant at night and be able to assist the Night Manager with any specific requests they may have.
Front of House
JOB TITLE : Shift Leader
REPORTING TO : Head of Department/Reception Manager
JOB PURPOSE : To exceed Guest expectations and provide exceptional service for guests arriving, visiting, staying and departing from the Hotel. Ensuring all departmental procedures are adhered to.
1. Ensuring all maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up to maintain the physical product
2. To train and monitor allocated staff to maintain standards and consistency within the department.
3. To liaise with all relevant contacts both internal and external and using information available; plan the preparation of future shift to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
4. To take appropriate action and co-operate with your team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to and aware of business/staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department
5. To ensure any Guest requests and complaints are handled effectively and any outside your area of expertise are raised immediately to the appropriate level
6. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act
7. To ensure correct accommodation is allocated to Guests prior to arrival, with special attention to VIPs and regular guests.
8. To ensure all Guests are roomed and shown the ground floor facilities.
9. To upsell guests on arrival to the next room category and to sell various hotel facilities.
Good written and spoken English
A flexible attitude
Previous experience in a similar operation
Leadership & organisational skills
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Train the Trainer Certificate
Previous supervisory experience
People/ Teamwork 2
Looking after guest 2
Business – Delivering results 1
1. To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the health & Safety at Work Act as applicable to your areas of work. This includes your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
2. The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory.
3. To attend 6 monthly statutory Fire, Health & Safety Training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning these areas.
4. To ensure the smooth running of the Housekeeping Department through effective teamwork at all times.
5. To be fully conversant with the Staff Induction Book.
6. To attend any departmental training sessions and/or meetings when required.
7. Maintain effective communication within the department and ensure that the Head Housekeeper and Senior Housekeeper are kept well informed of any problems that have arisen. To communicate effectively with your colleagues by handing over important actions and messages in the Linen Room diary. Evening Porter to maintain effective communication with the Evening Housekeeper and carry out instructions issued by the Evening Housekeeper.
7. To know and actively work towards the departmental yearly objectives.
8. To assist in the training and development of colleagues as and when required
1. Ensure the smooth operation of the guest and staff laundry and dry cleaning service to full guest satisfaction at all times, following through any service issues or concerns.
2. To ensure all areas of the hotel and apartments have the required linen to turn around the rooms smoothly and efficiently including the daily provision of cleaning rags.
3. To ensure all areas of Food & Beverage and the Spa have their required linen on a day to day basis.
4. To manage the control and issue of staff uniforms maintaining all uniforms to a good standard.
5. To be knowledgeable of all Hotel services and to note any guest requests and requirements ensuring these are actioned and followed up.
6. To maintain the cleanliness of the Linen Room areas and hotel service areas engaging cleaning as per the laid down cleaning schedule.
7. To hand all found property from the Linen Room to the main Housekeeping Office as and when it is found.
8. To ensure the service and standards are maintained at the highest level conducive to hotel policy.
9. To behave towards all guests in a professional and polite manner at all times.
10. To report any defects in your area.
11. To ensure the security of allocated keys and guest rooms at all times.
1. To contribute towards the profitability of the hotel through effective stock control of all linen held in the linen room documenting any discards monthly.
2. To assist in the three monthly stock take count of all hotel linen.
3. To ensure all guest billing procedures are followed as per standard and invoices are checked accurately and efficiently to ensure prompt payment.
4. The management of all stock levels through the efficient counting in of clean linen and counting out of dirty linen ensuring all standard documentation is prepared accurately.
5. To ensure all Linen Room stores are well maintained.
6. To assist in any way necessary to ensure the efficiency and smooth running of the Housekeeping department.
7. Generally being alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the department i.e. through controlling wastage and being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources.
No special qualification required
Willing to carry out physical work
English language understanding
Willing to work flexible hours